The Aesthetic Medicine team will once again be joining plastic surgeon Mr Shailesh Vadodaria and his group of charity runners to take part in the British 10K on July 9, 2017 in aid of the Help Smile Trust.
Mr Vadodaria set up the charity to provide plastic reconstructive surgery to people in the developing world who would otherwise have no access to it. He had been travelling to countries in need and providing his time and expertise off his own back between 1999 and 2007 but formally set up the charity in 2008.
The charity has worked in India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Madagascar performing a wide range of reconstructive procedures from post-burn contractures to facial deformities and open wounds following road traffic accidents as well as helping children with cleft lip and palate, something Mr Vadodaria is particularly passionate about.
The East Africa initiative
This year will see the Help Smile Trust’s first initiative in East Africa. Mr Vadodaria is looking to take a team out to not only provide treatment for cleft lip and palate but also to address malnutrition and prevention of infectious diseases. If you feel that you have skills that could support them in this endeavor please get in touch by contacting Smurti on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The British 10K, 2017
Trustees and well-wishers of Help Smile Trust have been participating in British 10K Run in London since 2011 for fundraising and will be doing so this year on July 9, 2017. This year, the charity is aiming to raise £10,000 in order to support following activities:
· Cleft lip and palate and reconstructive surgery in the developing world
· To support NAVKSHITIJ a registered non-governmental organisation working in the field of Rehabilitation of Mentally Challenged Adults, since 2003. (http://www.navkshitij.org/index.php/en/)
· To raise awareness and physical aid in regards to malnutrition and reconstructive surgery in Africa. Plastic and reconstructive charity work on Mercy Ship, Madagascar. (https://www.mercyships.org.uk/)
How can you help?
There are many ways you can help get involved in raising money for or supporting the help Smile Trust.
1. Volunteer – Mr Vadodaria is always looking for people to lend their skills and to join him on his trips to India and East Africa. If you are interested in offering your support or help please contact Smurti on email@example.com
2. Join the run – If you would like to join us and the Help Smile team on Sunday July 10 and run the British 10K then contact Smurti on firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot
3. Sponsor us – you can make a donation by visiting https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Vicky-Eldridge using the hastag #TeamAM when you donate
Our chosen charity
Aesthetic Medicine and MyFaceMyBody are also proud to be supporting the Help Smile Trust as our chosen charity for the 2017-2018 MyFaceMyBody Awards presented by Aesthetic Medicine. The awards, part of a new partnership, will be hosted at the 2018 Aesthetic Medicine Live conference and exhibition and will take place on the evening of March 17, 2018 at the Royal Garden Hotel, Kensington.
For more information visit http://www.helpsmiletrust.co.uk